What is Online Counselling?
Online Counselling, also known as Telepsychology, allows for greater flexibility in scheduling sessions and is particularly beneficial for individuals who:
- For health or other reasons are confined to home or office
- Don’t have access to a therapist nearby
- Don’t have time to travel to and from a therapist’s office
- Travel extensively for work
Currently I offer Skype, Zoom or Whatsapp platforms. Other options may become available in due course.
To set up an online counselling session, merely complete and return the Online Counselling Contract Form (see link). Fees and payment details are described on the form.Book an Online Session
Some ethical considerations:
- I follow standard ethical procedures such as confidentiality when communicating with you.
- Please ensure that you are in a private and undisturbed space when undertaking this work.
- Not all psychological concerns are suited to this form of counselling for example: If you suffer from a serious mental health disorder such as schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder (manic-depression), PTSD, personality disorder, or dissociation. These disorders require local face to face assessment and treatment. This site does not provide assessment, diagnosis or treatment of psychiatric conditions.
■ This site is not able to respond to crises such as child protection, trauma, domestic violence or sexual assault
[LifeLine: 086 132 2322; SA Depression & Anxiety Group, Suicide Line: 0800 567 5667; www.sadag.co.za]
■ This site is unable to respond to your needs if you feel suicidal or homicidal
[LifeLine: 086 132 2322 or Suicide Line: 0800 567567]
■ If you feel distressed to the point of harming yourself or others, you need to tell someone right away. Contact your local crisis line, family doctor or hospital emergency department immediately
[LifeLine: 086 132 2322; SA Depression & Anxiety Group, Suicide Line: 0800 567 567; www.sadag.co.za ]